Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Christmas Card Blooper

I've decided I'm going to post bloopers also as a learning experience.  I saw a card on Splitcoast Stampers last night that I really liked, made by Stampin'Jen -- the original can be found here: Stampin'Jen's Ornament Card.  I decided to make two versions, one with Stickles like she did and one with Crystal Effects.
This card is the Crystal Effects.  I definitely learned something from this card -- I had never used Crystal Effects before, but I wanted to use it as a glaze on the "ornaments" to make them shiny.  I succeeded, but the problem is I should have waited for the marker ink to dry first -- as you will see, the red and green ink got mixed in the fourth ornament because it got on the tip of the CE applicator.
I'm not sure if I'm going to go ahead and send it out, or put it in the "oops" pile.




Stamps:  Fun with Shapes, Small Script
Paper: Real Red, Glorious Green, Whisper White
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Markers, Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment