Wednesday, September 8, 2010

In Memory of Jan

I've mentioned in a few posts below that I made cards for my friend, Jan, who has cancer and crocheted blankets for cancer survivors.  Jan lost her fight with cancer on Monday morning.

Jan was in the hospital for five weeks, she was released for one day and then went back into the hospital for two weeks.  On that one day, I made and gave her candy flowers and a card to cheer her up; she loved pink, so the card and the flowers were both pink.

I CASE'd this card from someone, either on a blog or on Splitcoast, but I can't remember where, I'm sorry!

Supplies:
Stamps -- PTI Friendship Jar, PTI Friendship Jar Fillers
Paper -- Whisper White, Regal Rose, Glorious Green, So Saffron
Tools -- Round Tab punch, Scalloped Border punch


I bought the flower pot at Michael's, painted it white with acrylic paint, then glued a styrofoam ball into the bottom and stuck the candy flowers (which we made using a mold and candy melts) into the ball.  I used easter grass for the "grass", and I glued a ribbon around the pot.

I will miss her very much.  She was a wonderful person, who I will never forget.  She was always so positive in the face of everything the doctors told her.

I love you, Jan.  RIP.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your friend. They never leave you that remain in your heart.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    I lost my grandmother to Ovarian Cancer on Aug. 28th 2009. She put up a 3 year battle and remained positive through everything she went through!

    She is the reason I stamp actually. We spent TONS of time in the last year of her life making cards together to raise money and donate to our local American Cancer Society Relay for Life event.

    Anyhow, keep your head up and know she is in a better place, pain free now!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure your friend appreciated you more than you'll ever now. hugs. ps. your card is very nice

    ReplyDelete