Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cheerful Trees

The first card I didn't base off of anyone's card, although it's been done in this same fashion by almost everyone.  I am not sure that I like it - it seemed like a good idea at the time - silver embossed on silver - but seeing it, it seemed too plain.  I added the red pearls to give it some color, and I think that helped.


Supplies:
  • Stamps: SU! Cheerful Christmas
  • Paper: Silver
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Silver embossing powder, heat tool, red pearls
 The second card is a departure from normal - I have to say I don't think I have ever made a black and gold Christmas card before, although I really like it - it's very elegant.  It's based off of scootsv's Gold Tree 2 card.  I am not sure I'm entirely happy with it (that happens a lot, I'm my own worst enemy).  Not to mention I somehow lost one of my tree stamps from Evergreen while making this...the case of the disappearing stamp.


Supplies:
  • Stamps: SU! Evergreen, PTI Take a Bough
  • Paper: Gold, Basic Black
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Gold embossing powder, heat tool

No comments:

Post a Comment