Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy Birthday!

This is the first card that I have made since last - oh, July?  My husband and I separated around October of last year, and I had no motivation to make cards for Christmas (my favorite card-making holiday) or anything since then.  I kept buying supplies...hoping it would prod me...but so far, nothing.

One of my co-workers told me her 60th birthday is Thursday, and I forced myself to sit down and make her a birthday card, and it felt great.  It was fun to stamp again, cutting, stamping, putting things together (lining up word stamps, not so much!). 

This is CASE'd from Miriam Prantner's Birthday Balloons card.  I couldn't remember my co-workers favorite color, so I just picked pink, because it's a happy color.  It's the thought that counts, right?  It was very easy - just started with the lightest color (Pink Pirouette) at the bottom, stamped randomly up to the top (Blushing Bride; Primrose Petals; Rose Red).


Supplies (All Stampin Up! unless otherwise noted):
  • Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red
  • Ink: Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Primrose Petals, Rose Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Stamps:  Curly Cute, Hooray It's Your Day (Amuse Studio), Happiest Birthday Wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment